The Tax Foundation has listed an updated list of state and local tax brackets.
Some key changes that they found for this year include:
- State income tax systems have significant variation in structure, rates, deductions, and exemptions, including 9 states with no income tax on wages and 8 with flat income taxes.
- North Carolina became a flat tax state, moving from three brackets to just one.
- Massachusetts, another flat tax state, reduced its rate slightly.
- Kansas, North Dakota, Ohio, and Wisconsin all made across-the-board income tax rate reductions relative to 2013 rates.
- Minnesota added a high-earner tax bracket of 9.85 percent on income over $152,540 for single filers.
For a full list of changes visit:
State Tax Income Brackets for 2014 Update